Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another update






Haven't been scanning much this week with the Fair going on, but here's three new photos to enjoy. The first is Chloe Gibbs in 1907. Madge wrote that she was 16, and this was her first long dress.



This is Madge and her Aunt Mae (Mabel Louise Gilpin) in 1913. Check out the diamonds and furs...



This is Chloe Gibbs and Frank Eilthorpe, about 1919. On the back, Madge wrote that Frank had asked Chloe to marry him, but only if she'd put the girls in boarding school...wouldn't you like to know the whole story behind that one!

So that's it for now...enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are awesome!! You have really done some digging.

Is there any way I can get a file copy of the pictures to frame and put with my antiques? I think I have the locket in the picture of Chloe. Mom gave it to me a long time ago when I was putting together my collection of antiques purses and jewelry from G'ma Wilson and Hinkle. The locket has that same photo of John Gibbs in it.